March 18, 2021 1:00 PM Central Time.
This webinar will discuss the role of constituent materials, concrete mixture proportioning and optimization and other aspects of concrete abrasion resistance. Additionally, an overview of available test methods for abrasion resistance will be provided.
By attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe fundamental mechanisms of concrete abrasion
2. Understand strategies and techniques to optimize concrete mixtures for abrasion resistance
3. Identify test methods available for abrasion resistance testing
4. Discuss current practices of specifying abrasion resistant concrete
Live Webinar Speakers:
Ben Birch, P.E.
Ben has extensive experience working with high-performance concrete from mixture proportion development to the evaluation of many fresh and hardened properties. He has developed CTLGroup’s testing capabilities in the area of unique and challenging test methods. He has experience working with self-consolidating concrete (SCC) both in the laboratory and in the field and has studied the factors influencing formwork pressure exerted by SCC. He has helped clients identify safe casting rates with SCC so as to not risk the integrity of their forming system while still maintain economical placement rates.
Kamran Amini, Ph.D.
Dr. Amini’s background is supported by more than 10 years of experience in concrete industry. He is an expert in the design, analysis, testing, and development of different concretes. He has consulted contractors and engineering firms on the development of specialty concrete mixtures, troubleshooting, and assessment of concrete structures integrity and durability issues. In addition, he is experienced with non-destructive test methods, numerical modelling, and statistical analysis.
- Chicago Chapter ICRI Waterproofing Technical Seminar
- 2021 Virtual SEAoNY Annual Conference
- Structural Forensic Engineering Seminar
- 2021 ASME Joint Rail Conference
- Railway Interchange 2021
- WIND 2021 Virtual Conference
- WIND 2021
- RIMS 2021 Annual Conference
- ACI Concrete Convention – Virtual
- DRI Virtual Conference
- International Bridge Conference (IBC) Virtual Conference
- International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) Virtual Conference
- Side Effects: Performance and Pathology of Building Enclosures
- Concealed Concrete Defects: Mechanisms, Evaluation and Repair Development
- Concrete Pavements: Full-Depth Repairs
- Concrete in Sulfate Environments: When Type V Cement is Not a Viable Option
- Adjacent Construction – Managing Risks in Dense Urban Environments