Unchecked corrosion can result in metallic component damage, plant shutdowns, waste of valuable resources, loss or contamination of product, reduction in operating efficiency, costly maintenance, and expensive overdesign. Corrosion can also jeopardize safety and inhibit technological progress.
CTLGroup’s Materials Technology staff are exceptionally suited to investigate and understand corrosion issues in infrastructure, oil & gas, power generation, marine, and other industries. Combining the knowledge, experience, and expertise of our Materials Technology staff with that of our mechanical, civil, and structural engineers results in a comprehensive, integrated approach to complex corrosion and corrosion mitigation issues.
CTLGroup’s Materials Technology specializes in the following corrosion and corrosion mitigation consulting services:
- Inspection and condition assessments
- Corrosion failure analysis
- Corrosion prediction / modeling / service life assessments
- Metallurgical investigation and analysis
- Selection of materials for corrosive environments
- Stray current / arc strike investigations
- Corrosion research projects
- Evaluation, selection and specification of protective coating systems
- Failure analysis of protective coatings
- Expert witness consulting in litigation
CTLGroup experts have performed field and laboratory corrosion evaluations to interpret and analyze data in order to accurately understand the condition of structural components subjected to corrosion. Structures that we have investigated include utilities, soil retention, structural steel, and reinforced and posttensioned concrete elements.
CTLGroup has extensive technical expertise on the assessment of existing structures affected by atmospheric corrosion, reinforcement corrosion, the development of corrosion protection plans, the repair of affected areas, and prevention of further deterioration.
Get in contact with a CTLGroup corrosion science expert today by visiting www.ctlgroup.com/contact