Mass Concrete & Thermal Control Plans
Concrete cast in massive sections requires special consideration due to the increased heat of hydration and temperature rise after placement. Uncontrolled temperature rise can result in unacceptable surface cracks or long-term expansion leading to premature deterioration of the concrete.
CTLGroup is a world leader providing consulting services related to mass concrete construction technology. Our mass concrete experts have helped countless contractors, engineering designers, and owners write, adapt, understand and work within specifications for mass concrete elements and structures. CTLGroup can help you develop project-specific thermal control plans based on our thermal modeling capabilities. We have supplemented and verified provided countless projects through testing in our state-of-the-art concrete materials laboratory.
CTLGroup’s experts are frequently approached to address:
- Thermal control plan development
- Prevent and mitigate thermal cracking
- Prevention of exceeding the maximum temperature of mass concrete placements
- Development of specialized low-temperature concrete mixtures with available concrete materials
- Mass concrete specification review or development
- Pre and post placement concrete cooling