Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) and Nondestructive Testing (NDT) are non-invasive methods used to evaluate the extent of damage or defects in engineered structures. These techniques often provide information about conditions not observable using visual inspection alone.
A comprehensive investigation of structural problems is often achieved through a careful mix of visual inspection, NDE/NDT, laboratory testing, and minimally intrusive material sampling. Properly managed, this approach is often more cost effective and informative than a more traditional investigation. Some of the most common applications include:
Floor Slabs & Pavements
- Locating dowel bars, subsurface voids and internal delamination
- Identifying defects such as voids, low thickness and poor subgrade
- Locating embedded steel and assessing corrosion
- Identifying cold joints, poor consolidation, and areas of deterioration
- Evaluating presence of reinforcing bars and grout in CMU walls
CTLGroup has been at the forefront of designing and refining the application of sophisticated NDE/NDT methods. We have the versatility, depth of knowledge, and breadth of experience to effectively execute your structural evaluation program incorporating NDE/NDT.