Vibration Monitoring, Analysis & Mitigation
Vibration is a common concern for in-service buildings, structures, and infrastructure, as well as mechanical systems, consumer products, and the human body. Drawing from backgrounds in structural dynamics, instrumentation, data science, and related fields, CTLGroup engineers are equipped to help clients:
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks related to vibration from a variety of sources
- Assess the causes of accidents and failures, when they do occur
- Improve system design
Need an Expert?
or click the button below.
In civil engineering and architectural contexts, common vibration-related concerns include discomfort to human occupants, interference with the operation of sensitive equipment, or even damage to buildings and infrastructure. Vibration sources range from natural phenomena such as wind and seismicity to artificial sources such as construction, mining, traffic, and industrial processes. CTLGroup’s experts are also engaged to address vibration as it relates to mechanical equipment, consumer products, and even effects on the human body.
CTLGroup’s services include:
- Custom-engineered short- and long-term vibration monitoring solutions
- Vibration characterization using analytical tools such as modal analysis and system identification
- Risk management by controlling vibration at the source, or isolating systems from harmful vibrations
- Computational modeling to evaluate dynamic load effects