At CTLGroup, Mr. Vincent is in charge of complex projects involving analysis of strength and serviceability deficiencies in a variety of structures, and the design of innovative repairs to enhance structural performance and long-term durability. In addition, Mr. Vincent has managed large, multi-disciplinary structural rehabilitation projects, leading teams of structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers and architects.
Some of Mr. Vincent’s notable projects include: investigation and remediation of foundation settlements and related structural distress in a century-old masonry and timber building; investigation of the collapse of a 260-foot-diameter dome constructed of reinforced shotcrete; extensive structural analysis and repairs to a 300,000-square-foot composite structural floor system; investigation and repairs to the supports of a concrete hyperbolic paraboloid roof structure; and investigation of floor deflections in a newly constructed reinforced concrete high rise building. His most rewarding projects are those where CTLGroup’s expertise in materials science and specialized engineering are utilized to help understand and address a client’s needs.
M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1986
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 1981
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Structural Engineers Association of Illinois
- International Concrete Repair Institute Project Award of Excellence, Longevity Category for the Repairs to a Deteriorating Post- tensioned Concrete Parking Structure, 2014
- American Society of Civil Engineers Public Involvement Award, Illinois Section for Chairing the 150th Anniversary Committee, 2003
- Project Merit Award, National Council of Structural Engineering Associations for the Investigation and Repairs to the Supports of a Hyperbolic Paraboloid Shell Roof of a Church Building, 2003
- Project Award of Merit, Structural Engineers Association of Illinois for the Investigation and Repairs to the Supports of a Hyperbolic Paraboloid Shell Roof of a Church Building, 2003
- Project Award of Excellence, International Concrete Repair Institute for the Investigation and Repairs to the Supports of a Hyperbolic Paraboloid Shell Roof of a Church Building, 2003
- Special Recognition Award, CTLGroup, 2000
- Project Award of Excellence, International Concrete Repair Institute for Innovative Repairs to a Deteriorating Post-tensioned Concrete Parking Structure, 1993
Kolf, P. R. and Vincent, J. F., 2018, “Durability of Precast Concrete Parking Structures.” Presentation at the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois Forensic Forum 2018, June 14, 2018.
Vincent, J.F. and Henline, T.A., 2016, “Containment Vessel Verification and Evaluation.” Presentation at Electric Power Conference and Exhibition, Chicago, IL. April 11, 2017.
Vincent, J.F. and Henline, T.A., “Containment Vessel Plate Evaluation.” Nuclear Plant Journal, Volume 34, No. 3, May-June 2016.