Full-Time Position In Skokie, IL
Occupying a lead position supervising the group, the Mortar Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for scheduling and delegation of work, performing the same or directly related work of those supervised. The position requires making independent decisions and problem solving with minimal supervision.
1. Act as the liaison to project managers regarding planning and execution of work within established timelines.
2. Help to ensure strong client relationships by building and sustaining effective relationships with current and potential customers both internal and external.
3. Anticipate and understand Project Manager’s needs and respond with appropriate level of urgency.
4. Keep subordinates informed and updated of company and group directives and objectives.
5. Ensure necessary materials and/or equipment are available. With managerial approval, independently research and contact vendors to place orders.
6. Understand and adhere to usage limit specifications of all equipment. Advocate and ensure adherence by all users.
7. May perform preventative maintenance or minor repair of equipment. When necessary, arrange for equipment repair including use of outside service, subject to managerial approval.
8. Assist in continual professional development of subordinates. Train, coach, and provide recognition and constructive feedback to employees regularly as well as formally through the Performance Review Program.
9. Confer with Manager and Human Resources regarding promotion recommendations, compensation changes, and counseling employees for improved performance or other employee relations issues.
10. Assist in managing the group budget. Advise and inform manager of required equipment and/or materials for the following year’s budget.
11. Serve as a role model ensuring all aspects of the work environment are safe and conducive to a high level of productivity, quality work results, and employee comfort.
12. Ensure good housekeeping by maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
Education and Experience:
Work is primarily performed in a laboratory environment.
The following working conditions may apply: exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment listed above. Some work may be performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of six feet. Position requires some work to be completed outdoors with potential exposure to inclement weather conditions. May require working overtime.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.