Structural + Transportation Laboratory
Our Structural and Transportation Laboratory, one of the largest of its kind in the world, is currently seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join their team! In this position, you will assist in the development and execution of test programs to evaluate the behavior and performance of mechanical and structural components, monitor hydraulic loads, systems and controls, set up and monitor static and dynamic tests, and more! Our employees work on a wide range of fascinating projects all around the world and you have an opportunity to join!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Senior Engineers in the development, preparation, and execution of test programs to evaluate the behavior and performance of mechanical and structural components;
- Monitor hydraulic loads, systems and controls to ensure test specifications are being met;
- Set up and monitor static and dynamic tests while adhering to test conditions;
- Catalog and model existing test equipment and design new test equipment using SolidWorks or similar computational modeling tools.
- Perform assigned project tasks within specified timelines, seeks guidance when working with complex issues and keeps appropriate party informed of progress;
- Work with machine/fabrication shop to construct test equipment;
- Write QMS documents for standard procedures;
- Assist with data reduction, calculations, analytical work, and/or standard testing and make sound judgments during analysis;
- Compile test data and develop reports;
- Perform evaluation, surveys, and investigations in the field or lab;
- Assist with writing proposals related to project work;
- Communicate with clients to attain information, respond to requests, report status of work and discuss standard test results;
- Work closely with laboratory technical/support staff to establish expectations, give direction on test set up and procedures and review work;
- Research vendors and place orders with manager’s approval for needed equipment and materials;
- Proactively identify areas of learning and participate in professional development activities in order to maintain and enhance work knowledge and skills;
- Perform duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean and orderly work environment;
- Demonstrate awareness of employee safety by performing duties in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines;
- Maintain high ethical standards by using sound judgment that benefits both CTLGroup and its customers.