Lorenz Presents at 2011 International Concrete Sustainability Conference
Emily Lorenz, Structural & Architectural Evaluation at CTLGroup, spoke at the 2011 International Concrete Sustainability Conference on Nov. 16 at 10:30 a.m. The conference was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Doha, Qatar on Nov. 15-16.
Lorenz's presentation was titled "Estidama and Concrete" and was part of Session 6.
The Concrete Sustainability Conference provides learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete manufacturing and construction.
- Urban Heat Island Reduction – including light colored pavements, exterior cladding, green roofs and cool communities.
- Carbon Footprint and Embodied Energy– including energy efficient buildings, sustainable infrastructure, cement and concrete manufacturing.
- Sustainable Development Initiatives – including process and product innovations, green building rating systems and life cycle assessment.
- Recycled Materials – including ingredients, fuels and beneficial use of byproducts for cement and concrete production, challenges and opportunities.
- Performance-based Concrete – including extended service life, performance based specifications, durability, synergies and challenges.
- Government Initiatives – including economic stimulus and incentives for sustainable technologies, green building and infrastructure spending, energy legislation and carbon cap and trade programs.
- Private Initiatives – including sustainability initiatives by building owners and developers, opportunities and challenges of green building
For more information, visit the website.