Corley and Smith Speak at 2010 Construction SuperConference
Dr. W. Gene Corley, Senior Vice President of CTLGroup, and Steve Smith, Vice President of CTLGroup and Group Manager of the Washington D.C. office, as well as Co-Chair of the Buildings & Facilities Practice Group, spoke at the 2010 Construction SuperConference in San Francisco, CA, along with John Crawford, Vice President of Karagozian & Case, Michael Coakley of C. J. Coakley Co., Inc. and Eric Peterson, Senior Superintendent of Webcor Concrete.
The presentation, titled "Protecting Your Castle: Things to Know if Considering Protective Design for Your Building," occurred on Dec. 17, 10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
This session provided a high-level overview of the concept of protective design. Protective design put into context of general building security and antiterrorism. Participants learned major milestones in the history of protective design, the current state of practice, and what the future is likely to hold. Specific takeaways from the presentation were fundamentals of risk assessments and a practical understanding of the costs, benefits, and limitations of some of the most fundamental components of protective design.
For more information on the Construction SuperConference, visit the website.
Other Insights by this person
- Steve Smith and Dave Drengenberg Present at Schinnerer’s 52nd Annual Meeting of Invited Attorneys
May 10, 2013
- Construction Error Could be a Factor in Collapsed Miami Dade College Garage, Experts Say
October 12, 2012
- Building Sequence Probed at Cincinnati Casino Collapse
February 8, 2012
- Lessons from Japan
May 27, 2011
- Work on Collapsed Texas Parking Garage Won’t Resume Until Root Cause Determined
February 16, 2011
- Stimulating Improvements
January 6, 2011
- High-Performance – Nextgen of Buildings are Safe, Secure & Green
November 5, 2010
- Smith, Zou, and Zemajtis present at FHWA Bridge Engineering Conference in Orlando, FL
February 24, 2010